Location of the original license: https://repository.clarin.is/licenses/userlicense_mim_gold_download_en.pdf.
A copy of the original license is given below.
A copy of the original license is given below.
for the Gold Standard for PoS Tagging
The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies (hereinafter termed Operator) hereby gives the Licensee the permission to use the Gold Standard for PoS Tagging (hereinafter termed MIM-GOLD) in accordance with the following terms.
- Text is a text in digital form, selected for use in research and the development of language technology tools.
- MIM-GOLD is a collection of selected texts that have been assembled into consistent electronic format and enhanced with morphosyntactic annotations.
- The Licensee‘s Results are the results of work performed by the Licensee on the texts of MIM-GOLD.
The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies is the caretaker of MIM-GOLD.
The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies has reached an Agreement with Text Providers that texts from their work be a part of MIM-GOLD. The Text Providers have, with a separate statement, authorized the Operator to give permissions to the Licensee to use the texts as described below.The Licensee is the user of the texts as described in this Agreement. On behalf of the Licensee there can be a group of researchers at universities or companies.
2 Terms of the Licence granted to the Licensee
- The operator grants a non-transferable License to the Licensee to use MIM-GOLD for linguistic research, for research in language technology and for the development of language technology tools. This License does not include exclusive rights to use the corpus.
- The access of the Licensee to MIM-GOLD under this License is limited to the research group of the Licensee. The research group of the Licensee consists of the Licensee‘s employees, contractors and other affiliates that the Licensee has authorized to carry out studies, according to article 2, paragraph a, with the aid of MIM-GOLD.
- MIM-GOLD may be installed at the place or places of work of the said research group. The place of work is defined as the computing systems that the members of a research group normally use to conduct their research activities. It can include both work and home computers, and is not restricted to particular hardware or building.
- Copies of MIM-GOLD may be made for backup purposes, or for the purposes of making data available to members of the research group, but the Licensee shall ensure that MIM-GOLD‘s‚ copyright notice is reproduced on all copies of the corpus or parts thereof in accordance with article 5, paragraph d.
- Members of the said research group must not copy, publish, communicate to the public, or otherwise give to any third party access to the whole or any part of MIM-GOLD. MIM-GOLD may not be copied beyond what is identified in paragraphs c and d of this article. It is the responsibility of the Licensee to ensure that the members of the said research group understand and abide by these restrictions and to supervise their activities with respect to MIM-GOLD.
- Neither the Licensee nor his research group may rent out or sell MIM-GOLD, or otherwise charge for the use of the corpus or transfer the license.
- There are no restrictions on the use of the Licensee‘s results except that the Licensee may not publish in print or electronic form or exploit commercially in any form whatsoever any extracts from MIM-GOLD other than those allowed under article 14 of the Copyright Act No 73/1972, and in such cases should always refer to the source.
- Upon publication or other disclosure or dissemination to the public that is permitted under paragraph g of this article, the author‘s moral right should be respected, according to the Copyright Act No 73/1972, and no identifiable information of third parties should be published.
- MIM-GOLD should be referenced 1 as a source in publications of research where MIM-GOLD has been utilized. The same applies to the release of any language technology tools that have used MIM-GOLD.
3 PaymentThere is no charge for the use of the MIM-GOLD texts.
4 Period of AgreementThe License is valid indefinitely if the Licensee abides by the terms of the License. The License can be terminated as specified in article 8 should the Licensee commit any material breach of the License.
5 Requirements to the Licensee
Licensee and others in his research group must always exercise the utmost precautions to comply with the provisions of this Agreement and shall amongst other things:
- Maintain up-to-date written records of all copies of MIM-GOLD created, of all individuals in the research group of the Licensee that have access to the corpus at all times and of where these copies are stored. Records should be kept of all projects undertaken by the Licensee where MIM-GOLD is used. Licensee must produce such records promptly upon request from the Operator.
- Regularly check the status and use of MIM-GOLD such as updating regularly all files, according to paragraph a.
- Make use of file protection and other data security measures to prevent insofar as possible all and any unauthorized access to the files of the corpus. Access to MIM-GOLD shall only be allowed with the use of a password that Licensee assigns to the individuals in his research group, and this password must not be given to unauthorized persons.
- All necessary steps must be taken to protect copyrights, as well as intellectual property rights, owned by the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, and that of the Text Providers of MIM-GOLD.
- Should the Licensee suspect his employees, members of his research group or his partners of having violated these terms or mishandled access to MIM-GOLD, he must immediately notify the Operator.
The Licensee shall ensure, among other things through agreements with individuals in his research group, whether employees, contractors or other partners, that they comply with the security measures specified in paragraph c, and other measures he may prescribe, and that when the research project is completed all copies of MIM-GOLD be deleted.The Licensee shall ensure that only those working on the project of the research group at any given time have access to the corpus.
6 Limitation of Liability
- The Operator does not guarantee that MIM-GOLD is suitable for a particular use or isuseful under certain circumstances, eventhough the plans of the Licenseehave previously been presented tohim.
- The Operatoris not responsible for the technical characteristics or limitations of MIM-GOLD.
- The Operatordoes not warrant that the operation of any software supplied with MIM-GOLD will be uninterrupted or free from errors.
- In no circumstances will the Operator be under any liability to the Licenseefor loss of profits, goodwill or any kind of consequential losses of any nature even if such loss was foreseeable.
- The Operator shall accept no liability whatsoever in connection with any damage to the tangible property of the Licensee resulting from the negligence of the Operator, his employees, agents or subcontractors, or of other reasons.
7 Rights reservedAll intellectual property rights, including copyright, related to MIM-GOLD, are retained by the Text Providersand the Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies.
- Operator may terminate the License by giving written notice without a special warning, if the Licensee commits any material breach of this Agreement.
- The License shall automaticallyterminate if the estate of Licensee is declared bankrupt.
9 DisputesIn the case of a dispute about this contract and if agreementis not reached between the parties, the District Court of Reykjavík has the jurisdiction.
1 Hrafn Loftsson, Jökull H. Yngvason, Sigrún Helgadóttir and Eiríkur Rögnvaldsson. 2010. Developing a PoS-tagged corpus using existing tools. Sarasola, Kepa, Francis M. Tyers og Mikel L. Forcada (eds.): 7th SaLTMiL Workshop on Creation and Use of Basic Lexical Resources for Less-Resourced Languages, LREC 2010, pp. 53-60. Valetta, Malta.